Version 1.55 incorporates new gameplay, missions, graphics and ship designs, alongside the usual plethora of bug fixes.
Minimum OS required is Mac OS 10.3.0.
Changes to Version 1.55 from version 51
• Basic models of ships entirely revised and redrawn.
• Improved explosion and exhaust plume effects.
• Much improved combat routines for NPC ships, making them more accurate and dangerous.
• Revised autopilot docking procedures, making them much safer.
• Equipment won on missions is now available for purchase for new ships.
• Equipment and cargo can be damaged during combat.
• Damaged equipment can be repaired and ships maintained at suitably equipped stations.
• Trumbles added.
• Atmospheric friction added.
• Witch jump range meter added to fuel gauge.
• Options menu now available when the game is paused.
• Fixed many graphical glitches and bugs.
• Improved customisation of ships (weapon ports, view positions, hatch positions) and systems (number of stars, density of nebulae).
• Custom HUD dials can be reversed.
• Improved handling of custom textures (less intolerant of size problems).
• Improved support in scripts for additional stations and unique ships.
• Exception handling improved, and better bug handling overall.
• Many, many bugfixes and minor improvements to gameplay.
Full disk image: 24.3 Mb
Source code: Subversion Repository
"The planet Rear is scourged by well-intentioned OXZs."
Oolite models and gear? click here!