Tales from the spacelanes...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Re: Tales from the spacelanes...

Post by phkb » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 am

Nice stories! <applauds>

mike1six
Poor
Poor

Post by mike1six » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 am

phkb wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 am
Nice stories! <applauds>
Thanks. I know it's just a game, but it seriously peeved me all the same to see those slaves floating there boxed up. The very idea of slave trade disgusts me.

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:16 am

Aye, good tales! The game-in-the-head is where it's at!

mike1six
Poor
Poor

Post by mike1six » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 am

A round of drinks on me, it's a day worth celebrating and I can definitely afford it!

You might remember my trip to Isence, where I picked up a bunch of folks and freed them? Well, I heard from one of em today. Well, her sister. Remarkable lady, works for Amnesty InterGal. I didn't ask, but I think she joined to try and find her sister. So, that was a good start to the day.

She invited me to meet up in Teorge, a mid Ag near my home cluster. Nice little place. She was appreciative, to the tune of 750 creds. But that was just the first part of the surprise party.

I already mentioned the lady works for Amnesty, so we got a hatred of slavers in common. She's a little less, ah, hands-on than me though. Which is fine, y'know? But here's where the real party starts. Well, sorta. Technically I was crashing someone else's party after that.

This lady tells me there's a slaver hideout on the far side of the sun from Teorge Prime. She asks me if picking up the slaves and popping the rock sounds like a job for me.

Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life, or so an old saying goes. Well, today I made two thousand creds for a little hunting excursion. On top of the bounties for those dumb slavers without the good sense to run when they saw me.

Yep, today was a good day.