Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:24 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)
Quote:
The link you are showing here takes me to a log in page rather than displaying the file to be downloaded.
Oops. Fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:01 pm 
Deadly
Deadly

In reference to the Fer-de-Lance 3G OXP, since the 3G+ model has become my ship of choice and is connected to the Interstellar Tweak OXP: I'm not sure if you realize this but the template in the shipdata.plist labeled "ferdelance3G+Template" has no max_missile value in the template. It results in this ship having a missile capacity of zero (0). I have been plugging in the max missile value myself with each update of this OXP that you release.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:26 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Quote:
In reference to the Fer-de-Lance 3G OXP, since the 3G+ model has become my ship of choice and is connected to the Interstellar Tweak OXP: I'm not sure if you realize this but the template in the shipdata.plist labeled "ferdelance3G+Template" has no max_missile value in the template. It results in this ship having a missile capacity of zero (0). I have been plugging in the max missile value myself with each update of this OXP that you release.
Dear Solonar

No, I didn't realise this. (There's so much to keep track off and hence, doing such stuff as a hobby, such things can fall between the cracks.) Thanks for pointing out the mistake. (I fly the 3G+(t) model myself. . I'm glad you like the 3G+ model.) I've uploaded a new version of the OXP, labelled 4.12, that does the needful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:12 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Dear all

I've uploaded a new version of this OXP (and indeed new versions of all my OXPs).

Download location (which is the same as previously): http://www.box.net/shared/moreq536ht

This new version of InterstellarTweaks adds some scenarios (as well as dropping a few rare ones) and makes the player more likely to encounter previously unusual scenarios.

'Share and enjoy'.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 pm 
Deadly
Deadly

I've just noticed this entry in my latest log:
Code:
13:29:55.305 [shipData.merge.failed]: ***** ERROR: one or more shipdata.plist entries have like_ship references that cannot be resolved: IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich, ST_mil20
I can see the reason for the ST_mil20 message, as this has a like_ship reference to a "superSidewinderPolMil", which I'm guessing is in the Super Sidewinder oxp, which I don't have installed.

However, I'm not so sure about the IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich error, which has:
Code:
	"IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich" = 
	{
		like_ship = "IST_derelict_CobraIIIRusty";
That seems to be a valid reference to the ship entry that immediately precedes it:
Code:
	"IST_derelict_CobraIIIRusty" = 
	{
		is_external_dependency = yes;
		like_ship = "cobra3M2-trader";
I'm guessing that because the IST_derelict_CobraIIIRusty declares an external dependency, if the cobra3M2-trader isn't found it doesn't report an error itself, but later dependencies do.

I've just added
Code:
		is_external_dependency = yes;
to the IST_derelict_CobraIIIRustyRich and ST_mil20 ship entries and the errors are no longer reported.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:35 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Thanks JD. I've fixed those errors, and another bit of the code (ship declaration) set to cause the same problem.

I'll upload a new version of the OXP, which also makes a few other changes - in the service mainly of generating exciting scenarios more often - within a day or two.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:51 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

UPDATED version - version 3.1 = now available from http://www.box.net/shared/moreq536ht

Changes since previous version (= 3.03):
- made unexpected witchdrive malfunction slightly more likely;
- increased chance of entering empty interstellar space;
- tweaked some values, some of which make exciting scenarios more likely;
- fixed some small bugs identified (thanks!) by user 'JD'.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:22 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

New version (3.2) available from same address as before. New and improved!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:54 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Version 4 of Interstellar Tweaks is now out. It contains significant optimisations and also, hopefully, a bit more interest. Please report any problems here. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:22 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Version 4.1 released. From its 'readme':
Quote:
Changes since 4.0 = numerous small improvements:
- added some new scenarios;
- optimisations;
- adjusted a few probabilities;
- fixed some minor bugs.
Share and enjoy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:13 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Oops, there was small bug (whereby not all of the Thargoids that should be 'rebel' - which is a feature new with version 4.1 of the OXP) - actually were. Fixed now in version 4.15 (and I've added a small addition, too . .). Apologies. Same download link as in the post immediately above.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:44 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Version 4.3 is now out (available via the wiki and more directly from here). From the 'readme' for this version:
Code:
---------------------------------------
CHANGELOG of recent changes
---------------------------------------

Changes since 4.1
- Added better support for the 'fuel collector' OXP, via a *revised* version of the patch that is listed below under the title 'PATCH FOR THE FUEL COLLECTOR OXP'. Please note that (because the Fuel Collector OXP lacks a license) the patch **must be manually implemented**.
- Changed-cum-fixed the behaviour of derelict ships.
- Made naval ships less likely to immediately jump out when they are alone in witchspace.
- Made it more probable that one will encounter various interesting things. [NB! ***********]
- Made witchspace sickness a little less likely (but slightly more likely to kill when you do get it).
- Fixed various bugs.
- Optimisations.
- A few other small changes, including to a certain hijacked ship.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:12 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Dear all

A new version of my Interstellar Tweaks expansion pack is available for download: This version is compatible with Oolite 1.8 and not compatible with earlier versions of Oolite. Bugs have been fixed and code optimised but there are not really any substantial changes in functionality.

The previous version of Interstellar Tweaks - a version that is compatible with Oolite <1.8 - is available via the old OXP list and my usual box.net address.

Recommended expansion packs to install along side this one (i.e. which this one takes advantage of) are as follows. Entries in italics are especially recommended.

Armoury
Behemoth
Electronic Thumb
Enhanced MisJump (which changes the 'tunnel' effect when one misjumps)
Extra Thargoids (version 4)
Fer-de-Lance 3G (version 6)
Fuel Collector (which my code hacks in order to make the collector work well with Oolite 1.8; note also that, by the design of this OXP, fuel collection is very slow in interstellar space)
Galactic Navy
Generation Ships (note: the present expansion pack will - for one thing - make generation ships rarer);
Interstellar Help
Military Fiasco
Missionaries
mPakRedux (a.k.a. 'Rusties')
TCAT (= 'To Catch a Thargoid')
Thargoid Carrier (this will considerably increase the thargoid threat - though it can be offset somewhat via my Fer-de-Lance 3G expansion pack)
Thargorn_Threat (preferably version 1.5.2 or above)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:06 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Updated to version 5.01. Change: fixed a bug affecting setups that do not have the Fuel Collector OXP installed. Available as OXZ download from http://www.oolite.org/oxps/ and from the in-game downloader. Cheers.