[RELEASE] Elbereth

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Post Reply
User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

[RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Thu May 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Elbereth is another bulk shipper. The Elbereth is a zero emission trading ship. Based more on the engine type of the "Enterprise" in Star Trek, the emissions are represented by the bright red glow of the exhaust ports, and the forward ramjet unit. The front of the ship is where the crew live, and due to size, they should be able to live in fair comfort. As the engines are mounted on the side nacelles, the whole middle of the ship is for cargo storage, and missile facilities. The Elebereth oxp comes with a compressed copy of the FireAnt oxp, as the FireAnt is the official escort for this ship. As the FireAnt, this is the second rendition of the Elbereth, as the first was lost in a computer crash.

Though the FireAnt is the "official" escort of this ship, I noticed during a couple of flights in another of my ships, an Elbereth escorted by SunBat MkIIs, and I think Kraits, though I could be wrong on the last, as they were scattered in a heated battle against pirates. It was really cool. :D

Specs.:

Max Speed = 360
Max Energy = 500
Max Missiles = 12
Energy Recharge Rate = 45
Thrust = 15
Max Cargo = 650 tons

https://www.box.com/s/7e90813e1f8b9167b6c0

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by mandoman on Wed May 16, 2012 1:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

User avatar
Agis Silverfish
Dangerous
Dangerous
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:37 pm
Location: Where the winds of Limbo roar

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by Agis Silverfish » Thu May 10, 2012 9:14 pm

I love big ships! Will it be available for the player? :mrgreen:

User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Thu May 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Yeah. That's what this is. Just download it, add it to your AddOns file, and it should be available at some station along your way. :)
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Thu May 10, 2012 11:03 pm

I fixed a problem in this oxp, regarding the presence of a fuel scoop. It was the same mistake I made on three other oxps. Sorry.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

User avatar
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 3033
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:52 pm
Location: On a famous planet

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by pagroove » Sat May 12, 2012 9:48 am

Nice and original design :). intriguing form :).
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
Image
http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709

User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Sat May 12, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks, pagroove. :)
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

User avatar
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: Derby

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by Shipbuilder » Mon May 14, 2012 11:27 pm

Good looking ship Mandoman with an individual style. Reading some of your posts it seems we have both caught the ship designing bug. It's so addictive I can literally loose hours !
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"

User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Can anyone tell me why I keep getting an error message, that says the size of an image could not be determined, when I'm only trying to update the link to Elbereth? I uploaded a corrected version of the ship (EQ_FUEL_SC00PS), but when I try to submit the change, it says it can't determine the size of the image. I'm not adding any images other than the ones already posted, just the link change.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Tue May 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Shipbuilder, I'm with you all the way. I can't seem to stop myself from building them either. when ever an idea pops into my feeble brain, I just have to go to Blender and see if I can make it work. It's fun to build, but getting the oxps correct is a trick (at least for me it seems to be). :D
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

User avatar
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 877
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 9:41 pm
Location: Derby

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by Shipbuilder » Tue May 15, 2012 10:36 pm

Mandoman I haven't got to the stage of releasing an oxp yet however I have been working on a selection of 9 shis some of which are almost ready to be released (I hope to release my first ship by the end of the weekend).

I've got my head around the 3D modelling I think, texturing I'm ok at but it does take me a good while to texture however scripting is where I have limited ability though I am looking through what others have done and learning bit by bit.

By the way I like the Romulan Bird of Prey you released. I'm currently working on the USS Enterprise, (from Star Trek2 and 3), which I intend to release as an oxp in the near future (maybe next week). I'm trying to decide if to make it available to players or just be a rare npc.

As yourself I like to produce a mixture of my own ships and ships from TV and eventually I'd like to produce some form of carrier but that's a while off yet.

Anyway happy ship designing.
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"

User avatar
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1044
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:08 pm
Location: Help! I'm stranded down here on Earth!

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by SandJ » Wed May 16, 2012 7:35 am

Shipbuilder wrote:By the way I like the Romulan Bird of Prey you released. I'm currently working on the USS Enterprise, (from Star Trek2 and 3), which I intend to release as an oxp in the near future (maybe next week).
Is there any risk to Oolite from producing add-ons for it that are based on copyright material? Is there any risk of the US copyright lawyers putting out a "cease and desist" order,or some such, that could affect the entire community? (I'm not saying there is - I don't understand where the boundaries of US copyright and IP law lay.)

Edit: answering my own question, Google was my friend: probably no risk whatsoever in the case of Star Trek.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.

User avatar
Gimi
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Posts: 2073
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:02 pm
Location: Norway

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by Gimi » Wed May 16, 2012 7:48 am

SandJ wrote:
Shipbuilder wrote:By the way I like the Romulan Bird of Prey you released. I'm currently working on the USS Enterprise, (from Star Trek2 and 3), which I intend to release as an oxp in the near future (maybe next week).
Is there any risk to Oolite from producing add-ons for it that are based on copyright material? Is there any risk of the US copyright lawyers putting out a "cease and desist" order,or some such, that could affect the entire community? (I'm not saying there is - I don't understand where the boundaries of US copyright and IP law lay.)

Edit: answering my own question, Google was my friend: probably no risk whatsoever in the case of Star Trek.
Good find SandJ. One thing I take from that are Credits. Whoever makes ships and models based on alternative universes should consider giving appropriate credit to the original copyright owner in the license/Readme. I did a quick check on a few, and they were missing both a license and credits.
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).

User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 pm

Gimi wrote:
SandJ wrote:
Shipbuilder wrote:By the way I like the Romulan Bird of Prey you released. I'm currently working on the USS Enterprise, (from Star Trek2 and 3), which I intend to release as an oxp in the near future (maybe next week).
Is there any risk to Oolite from producing add-ons for it that are based on copyright material? Is there any risk of the US copyright lawyers putting out a "cease and desist" order,or some such, that could affect the entire community? (I'm not saying there is - I don't understand where the boundaries of US copyright and IP law lay.)

Edit: answering my own question, Google was my friend: probably no risk whatsoever in the case of Star Trek.
Good find SandJ. One thing I take from that are Credits. Whoever makes ships and models based on alternative universes should consider giving appropriate credit to the original copyright owner in the license/Readme. I did a quick check on a few, and they were missing both a license and credits.
So I need to put credits to the original owner, and a license/Readme, for the Romulan Bird Of Prey? Like this?

Star Trek Ships: Expanded - Copyright Notice

Star Trek ® is a registered trademark of Paramount Pictures registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Star Trek ©, Star Trek: The Next Generation ©, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine ©, Star Trek: Voyager ©, and Star Trek: Enterprise © are Trademarks of Paramount Pictures.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

User avatar
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Posts: 1368
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Re: [RELEASE] Elbereth

Post by mandoman » Wed May 16, 2012 1:19 pm

Okay, I finally got the new link to load onto the page. Once more, the link is to the same ship, but has the wording for fuel scoops corrected in the plists.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman

Post Reply