Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 7:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:29 am 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Seems to work fine here:

I bought 5t of food and jettisoned 1t. Hold shows correctly 4t and purchase log correctly 5 x 3.7. The next time you dock the difference between the actual hold and the purchase log will be checked and if cargo is lost, it will be reduced from your accumulated profit. This allows you to replace the lost cargo before docking by salvaging.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:12 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Ah, OK, so it is a feature! It was a little confusing on the F8-F8 screen as it says "breakdown of held cargo" when it isn't actually being held anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:29 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Oh that :shock: . Indeed, it's misleading! Maybe "Breakdown of purchase log" would be better? Again, English is not my strong suit :( . I'm open to all suggestions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:42 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Well, if you could add more lines showing any losses and scoops you've had since the initial purchase, then something like this would be ideal:

"Current manifest entry for this commodity:"

"Amount lost in transit:"

"Amount acquired in transit:"

"Net gain/loss of this commodity:"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:05 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Hmmm. I like to keep things simple here. The almighty Trader's Association just monitors buy and sell transactions. You buy something, it's logged and when you sell something, the difference between buy and sell price is added to your cumulative rating. To simplify things, the log is purged of possible losses when docking.

But the headline definitely needs to be better. I'll ponder it a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:29 am 
Competent
Competent

Is Market Observer's Trader Rating System compatible with HyperCargo? My guess is that it is not. Since purchasing and using the HyperCargo System my Trader Rating has gone down dramatically. It appears that whatever cargo is placed into the HyperCargo System is not counted towards your Trader Rating when it is sold. I have looked into the scripts of Market Observer and have noticed that "lost cargo" and "contracted cargo" are not counted towards the Trader Rating. Is it possible that the cargo placed into the HyperCargo System is being counted as one of these two uncountable possibilities. My Script-Fu is not yet strong enough to enable me to make an exact determination of what is happening or of what to change or comment out in order for my HyperCargo Cargo to be counted towards my Trader Rating. Please advise and thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:27 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Hello Nite Owl.

Once upon a time I added a ton of compatibility hacks to this oxp to make it work with a range of other oxps that somehow messed with markets or cargo. And of course I quite blindly added a plethora of useful and not so useful features to the oxp. The result was an over complicated mess that was a nightmare to maintain. Those were versions 1.xx-2.xx. Not to mention the pre-Observer oxp called Troomp... With version 3.xx I ripped the whole thing a part, built it again basically from scratch keeping the core and actually planned what to include and what to leave out. One thing I deliberately left out were all hackish oxp compatibilty fixes. That means also HyperCargo which is probably bypassing playerBoughtCargo and playerSoldCargo events. The oxp monitors those and ship's manifest and acts accordingly.

A bit of a long story, but it hopefully explains something. :)

In short, I'm not planning on adding hacks (unless they are really trivial ones of course) to add compatibility. In this case HyperCargo would require more than a simple hack mainly because it expands the manifest and would require monitoring that too. If, however, someone wants to hack it, go ahead. Just be warned, I've been there :D.

You can probably disable the trader's rating feature by commenting or removing it from the world-scripts.plist file. It's been a while and my memory is a bit vague on this, but that's how I planned it at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:27 pm 
Competent
Competent

Will look into commenting out of the appropriate parts of the world-script.plist. Thank you for the response spara. It is much appreciated.

Brevity is the soul of wit and vulgarity is wit's downfall

Good Night and Good Luck - Read You Soon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:23 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Updated to version 3.6

* Added support for external ad-packs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:14 am 
Deadly
Deadly

Awesomeness.
On a side note, all 20 wanted posters are done and up. Link in said thread.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14