v0.7 released (phkb's v0.6 is linked later in this thread).
Added compatibility with Xenon HUD and Equipment by Ship Class.
v0.5 released with some tweaks and lasers that are only available in some systems (so that you'll have to look for them).
There is a 'system' (or systems) to finding them and they can also be found by accident.
Now at v0.4 with 8 categories of laser, 2 weapons in each category as well as an additional 'uber' option (that requires activation by those wishing for it to be available).
Updated to 0.2 and available from the download manager.
In addition to the details below, 6 other lasers have been added:
- Ergon pulse, beam & military - less range but improved recharge over their Ingram counterparts
- VariScan, Hassoni & Volt models - beefed up pulse lasers but a little slower (brown colour)
- ColtMaster Assault - military laser with shorter range but slightly higher power (purple colour)
Major change from 0.1 is the re-assignment of default lasers to core vessels:
- Ergon equivelants - Boa, Boa II, Fer-de-Lance, Krait, Mamba
- HiRad - Anaconda
- VariScan - Cobra I (Hassoni), Python (Volt)
- MegaBlast - Viper (although it keeps the magenta police laser colour)
- Burst - Asp II (I tweaked the colour slighly to make it look a little less like the Thargoid laser)
I'd be interested to know what anyone thinks re laser performance and pricing. Current pricing is not representative purely of power. The Assault laser is priced higher than the military laser but is not meant to outperform it.
Blurb for 0.1...
Taking advantage of the recent work going on in the Progress thread, I've made a little oxp/z.
This is a simple mod to add three new types of lasers to Oolite, drawing inspiration from the Elite manual.
No superlasers here (I hope
), just some more variety between the extremes of pulse and military.
MegaBlast Pulse Laser:
HiRad Pulse Laser:
- This is essentially an improved pulse laser, with slightly longer range and an improved fire rate.
According to the Elite manual, this laser was equipped by the Viper police ship.
- Despite the name, this is more of a combat capable mining laser. It has a longer range and improved fire rate but each hit only carries half of the mining laser's (considerable) power.
Now you can mine and fight with the same laser; it's no military laser though...
According to the Elite manual, Anacondas would carry a front mounted HiRad laser.
- This is a form of supercharged beam laser. More power, more range but it heats up faster too. Not as rapid-firing as the beam laser but capable of causing more damage per second. Aim carefully...
According to the Elite manual, this laser was standard issue for the Asp MkII.
This requires a recent source or trunk install/update of Oolite and for that reason I've not yet made it available via the in-game installer.
It's only been tested to make sure that it works, pricing and laser profiles may need to be adjusted in future.
Here it is (in oxz format) for anyone who'd like to try it:
Now available from the download manger.