Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:37 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I missed this event. It works perfectly, thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:54 am 
Above Average
Above Average

I've experienced a bug on and off recently, but I'm not sure what the cause would be. Sometimes, when I sync the torus, the other ship "jumps" ahead in small increments (probably close to the 0.75s refresh period) until it gets past the 2500m mark. I then need to catch back up in order to continue synchronizing the torus, and the same problem happens again.

So far, this is what I know...
  • The bug applies to a variety of OXP ships. However, it is erratic, meaning that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
  • The only other OXP I thought could be the problem was Q-Charger (since it affects the ship's velocity), but I've tried synchronizing torus when it wasn't installed, and I still had the same problem.
  • Usually, the other ship jumps ahead, but this is not always the case. I have passed faster ships with synchronized torus.
  • Varying my own engine thrust has no effect.
  • I've tried lowering the refresh period (to 0.5s from 0.75s), but it had no effect.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:31 am 
Dangerous
Dangerous

Quote:
I've experienced a bug on and off recently, but I'm not sure what the cause would be. Sometimes, when I sync the torus, the other ship "jumps" ahead in small increments...

So far, this is what I know...
  • The bug applies to a variety of OXP ships. However, it is erratic, meaning that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Recently, viewing so with Viper Interceptor. When setup on the AI.plist setAI("route1patrolAI.plist"), bug "jump" is not viewing. May be target bug with the jsAI (oolite-policeAI.js)?

P.S. condition: The Viper Interceptor has fuel injector and flew on far distance from main routes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:34 am 
Dangerous
Dangerous

Quote:
If will activated hyper drive and torus drive, then have been overloading the log file:
Code:
11:27:46.001 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (<unidentified script>): Error: Cannot set property velocity of instance of PlayerShip to invalid value undefined.
11:27:46.001 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]:       /home/rustem/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.FritzG.Synchronised_Torus_tweak.oxz/Scripts/st_equipment.js, line 381.
11:27:46.033 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Synchronised_Torus_Controller 1.0): TypeError: this.$st_npc.position is undefined
11:27:46.033 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]:       /home/rustem/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.FritzG.Synchronised_Torus_tweak.oxz/Scripts/st_equipment.js, line 187.
11:27:46.046 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]: ***** JavaScript exception (<unidentified script>): Error: Cannot set property velocity of instance of PlayerShip to invalid value undefined.
11:27:46.046 [script.javaScript.exception.ooliteDefined]:       /home/rustem/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.FritzG.Synchronised_Torus_tweak.oxz/Scripts/st_equipment.js, line 381.
This tweaking OXP to remove warnings from the log file and more stable working the torus drive after jump.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:47 am 
Dangerous
Dangerous

Quote:
It was solved: Version 1.2 is online and not available in the OXZ manager: https://app.box.com/s/7837sf8cwb49zqq0b1yb7ujikcquj6l3