Oolite Bulletins

For information and discussion about Oolite.
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:15 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)
. . on Windows. I suspect it's a file association problem. The output of the verifier used to open in (shudder . .) WordPad but now no output opens anywhere, though the terminal (or batch) verify command gives no errors. I've still got WordPad installed. Any ideas?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:38 pm 
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Works as expected here. Make sure that the path to the OXP is correct and that you are verifying an OXP and not an OXZ.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I think the problem I have is that oolite.exe (I am on Windows) is not running from the command line (be that command line admin or not, and be it the standard shell or a third-party one).
Code:
oolite.exe
with or without arguments, does nothing (!).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:50 pm 
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Strange. Works fine here. Are you sure you are running the exe from the oolite.app folder?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Yep, I am running it from within that folder. I thought it might be a permissions problem, but I can't see any permissions that would cause the problem.

Is there some switch for Oolite that will display version info, or something? If so, I could try that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:53 pm 
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

I've found a relevant error message, in the form of a file called 'stderr' in the Oolite .app folder when I try to run Oolite from the command line. Here are the contents of that file:

oolite.exe: Uncaught exception NSInternalInconsistencyException, reason: NSBundle.m:1145 Assertion failed in NSBundle(instance), method mainBundle. NSInternalInconsistencyException

Reinstallation of Oolite did not help. Might this be some sort of library problem?

EDIT: I have a process manager, called ProcessLasso, and I'd told it to limit the number of Oolite processes to 1. Disabling that limitation enabled running Oolite from the command line, with the full path; that had not worked before, but it worked now. Also - good - running the OXP verifier, with the full Oolite path, now works. However, running Oolite.exe without a path (and with or without the verifier switch), and in the oolite.app folder (and with ProcessLasso completely disabled), still produces the error mentioned above.

In short: I've got the verifier to work, but the oolite executable will not work in any way if not run with a path to that executable.