Equipment Storage OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

phkb
Commodore
Commodore
Location: [p]laying [h]ard and [k]icking [b]utt somewhere in G7...

Equipment Storage OXP

Post by phkb » Thu May 16, 2019 10:44 pm

As part of my work on the Ship Configuration OXP, I implemented a system where equipment and cargo could be offloaded from your ship and put into storage. Then, at a later time, the equipment could be reinstalled, and the cargo transferred back into your hold. This seemed like a good thing to have on its own (without the overhead Ship Configuration brings), so I pulled it out and made it to be an independent OXP.

The interface is fairly simple. There will be a "Storage facility management" item on the F4 screen. Inside, you'll see any equipment and cargo currently stored at this station. You can select those items and have them put back on your ship, or, if you prefer, sold. Equipment will be sold at 85% of the original price, cargo will be sold (if there is room in the current market) at the station's market rate.

You can switch the view to include equipment and cargo you have storage in all other storage facilities around the galaxy. When viewing an item stored remotely, aside from selling the item, you can elect to have it transferred to your current station, although there is a chance of the equipment/cargo being lost if the transfer ship is destroyed by pirates.

Equipment is storage at 1cr per item per day. Some equipment items, which are viewed as having minimal weight or space, are charged at 0.1cr per item per day. Cargo is charged at 1cr per ton per day.

If you're using Ship Configuration, after today's update, you'll need to install this OXP for it to continue working.

Comments and feedback welcome.
Last edited by phkb on Fri May 17, 2019 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

phkb
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Equipment Storage OXP

Post by phkb » Fri May 17, 2019 12:25 am

Forgot to mention, the storage facility is only available at main stations. Info can be viewed at others stations, but access to your stored equipment/cargo is only from the main station.

Detailed info available on the [EliteWiki] wiki.

The OXP is available for download via the ingame manager.

phkb
Commodore
Commodore

Post by phkb » Fri May 17, 2019 11:06 pm

Version 1.1 fixes the OXP name in the manifest file.

Damocles Edge
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Damocles Edge » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 am

:idea:

A thought occurred to me (which I am sure you have already thought about and mitigated for, but just wanted to check).
Could equipment storage be used in order to "cheat" smugglers oxp?
By that I mean could you bulk offload cargo into storage at a station where it is legal.
Travel a short distance to a system where said cargo is prohibited to import, call it up from storage and sell on without having to go through any customs checks?
I only ask this as the evil side of me is looking for a get rich quick tactic or at least quicker than my 5t adder cargo hold will allow :lol:
O.C.T.D (Oolite Crash Test Dummy) Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmm......

phkb
Commodore
Commodore

Post by phkb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:46 am

Damocles Edge wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:43 am
Could equipment storage be used in order to "cheat" smugglers oxp?
Yes, I did think of that! And mitigations are already in place. But please, feel free to give it a go and make sure I covered all the bases!

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:34 pm

This is something I'd considered in the past (for my own ship equipment oxp) but never had the time to work out an easy way to do it.
So thanks for making this a seperate oxp! I haven't tried it yet but it sounds very useful.

Good work once again phkb! :)
"With our thoughts, we make the world" :-) - - - Game too slow for you? Masslock Compensators - - - Trouble getting out of trouble? Indestructible Injectors