Oolite Bulletins
http://www.aegidian.org/bb/

Official Mirrors?
http://www.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18721
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bobbananaville [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:52 am ]
Post subject:  Official Mirrors?

Okay, so I've been trying to download the 64 bit version of Oolite for Windows and have consistently gotten a 403 error message whenever I reach anywhere from 94% to 99% (Man was that frustrating). I've seen a mirror on Sourceforge and elsewhere on google, but I have no idea how updated or safe these mirrors are - so might I suggest adding some official mirror download locations to Oolite? Maybe put a version on Google Drive?

Author:  Cody [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:20 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

Strange, works fine here... and welcome aboard, btw. As a stop-gap, try this one (Oolite 1.84 x64) from my Box.

Author:  Norby [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

Welcome bobbananaville!

I have no problem with the github link. Alternatively you can download the trunk version which contain small fixes over the last release.

Author:  Cody [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

The trunk version has a watermark, Norby - not so good for players.

Author:  another_commander [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

The download pages from www.oolite.org redirect to the github downloads as provided by Norby. These should work and I am not sure why you get 403 errors at the end. As for the Sourceforge mirror, I believe it is safe, but we cannot provide any guarantees for third party providers. Sourceforge contacted us in December and informed us of their intention to put up an exact mirror of our downloads on their site, which is why I believe they should be OK. If you want to download from third parties, one way to check the download would be to upload it to www.virustotal.com for a virus check. The 1.84 Windows binaries were already uploaded there before release, so you should see a message that the file has been already checked, based on its SHA256 hash (link to the Win64 installer scan).

Hope this helps.

Author:  Getafix [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

Quote:
...Alternatively you can download the trunk version which contain small fixes over the last release...
Let me quote the trunk version disclaimer. :!:
Quote:
These builds may at any time contain serious bugs, prototype features, and other unstable code.
We do not recommend these for regular play, and you should take backups of your saved games before using them.

Author:  bobbananaville [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

Quote:
Strange, works fine here... and welcome aboard, btw. As a stop-gap, try this one (Oolite 1.84 x64) from my Box.
Thank you!
I think it's just a thing with my service provider, or perhaps where I am. I've noticed this sort of thing before - when I tried downloading an Arcanum mod, I got 403'd there as well. I get 403'd a lot, actually. It's why I think there should be official mirrors.

Author:  Getafix [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

@bobbananaville
In about 30mins I will be able to share a Google drive link with you, if you are willing to test.
If it is successful, I will take the matter to the Elder's Council for a decision.

EDIT
Current release is actually being uploaded in the Oolite Releases Google Drive archive repository.
The windows binaries are already there.
Please, check if you can download the x64 for windows (i.e. w/o the 403 error).
For your convenience the Oolite Releases Google Drive archive repository link is located at oolite.org download page.
Image

Author:  bobbananaville [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

Quote:
@bobbananaville
In about 30mins I will be able to share a Google drive link with you, if you are willing to test.
If it is successful, I will take the matter to the Elder's Council for a decision.

EDIT
Current release is actually being uploaded in the Oolite Releases Google Drive archive repository.
The windows binaries are already there.
Please, check if you can download the x64 for windows (i.e. w/o the 403 error).
For your convenience the Oolite Releases Google Drive archive repository link is located at oolite.org download page.
Image
Can confirm that the google drive link works. Thanks again! :)

Author:  Getafix [ Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Official Mirrors?

Thank you for your feedback Commander bobbananaville.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/