Building Oolite Windows from source - The Easier Way

News and discussion of the PC port of Oolite.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Building Oolite Windows from source - The Easier Way

Post by Redspear » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:19 pm

Commander_X's 'quick fix' posted above appears to have done the trick!

Thanks so much to C_X and a_c for helping me out with this :)

Now I'm free to mangle the source code to suit my peculiar tastes :D
another_commander wrote:Redspear, have you changed user access privileges at any point recently? Check the shortcut used for msys.bat (right click, Properties, Advanced...). Is it set to run as administrator? You can try toggling this option and see if it helps.
That was certainly a possibility but no, I can run it as a regular 'user'. Thanks for investigating.

I haven't built it yet but I'll post back at some stage to (hopefully :| ) confirm a success!

Cheers! :)
"With our thoughts, we make the world" :-) - - - Game too slow for you? Masslock Compensators - - - Trouble getting out of trouble? Indestructible Injectors

Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:14 pm

Redspear wrote:...I'll post back at some stage to (hopefully :| ) confirm a success!
Confirmed! :D
"With our thoughts, we make the world" :-) - - - Game too slow for you? Masslock Compensators - - - Trouble getting out of trouble? Indestructible Injectors

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:03 am

From the instructions in the OP:
another_commander wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:34 pm
2. Check out the oolite code:

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite.git
This will start copying the source code from the repository to your working dir. When finished, there will be a folder named oolite under the folder you performed the checkout. Next do a

cd oolite
to enter in the trunk folder, where the actual build will take place. Finally, execute this command to pull in all the binary dependencies needed for the full build (maybe you can take a coffee break here, this takes a while):

git submodule update --init

Suggestion; these steps can be combined by using:

git clone --recursive https://github.com/OoliteProject/oolite.git

This command clones both the source and the submodules in the one step.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied

another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:55 pm

A new version of the development environment for Windows has been uploaded. See first post for download link.

In this version:
  • New git version (2.16.2), which uses the latest GitHub security protocols. If you tried to clone or pull from github and received an error, try again with this one.
  • Latest home-made gnustep-base-1.20.1.dll,with include files and import libraries. This is capable of TLS downloads.
  • New home-made SDL.dll + include files and import libraries, with embedded haptic devices and mousewheel delta support. This may come handy for upcoming features.

Commander_X
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Commander_X » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:34 pm

Great, this was due since a while. Luckily Cygwin's git (not hurt by github's measures) could handle mingw's repositories with no trouble.