It's finally here (for it has had some teething troubles!).
Below are two excerpts from the OXP's readme. The first paragraph contains the essentials. So I've put it in bold.
• This OXP makes misjumps a little more likely and, fairly often, modifies what happens when one misjumps. One can encounter only the navy, or only thargoids, or empty witchspace or . . various other things. The OXP also gives you a chance of having your escape pod rescued in interstellar space by any nearby behemoths or leviathans (presuming you have such ships installed). That chance increased if you have the 'electronic thumb' equipment. The OXP also provides some risky ways - which you will have to discover - of clearing your legal status.
• The load that this OXP will place on your computer will be, for the most part, light to moderate (and via CPU much more than RAM and graphics card). But if you have many of the OXPs recommended below installed, then that will increase the load.
• The difficulty of the OXP varies automatically, in various ways, with the player score. But what will continue to *mainly* determine the difficulty of witchspace encounters will be the combination of thargoid and navy OXPs you have installed. HOWEVER: deliberate forrays into interstellar space are extremely risky for the ill-prepared. So if you have a combat rating of less than deadly - or, perhaps more to the point, if do not have, at the minimum, a highly iron-arsed Cobra Mk III - then I advice caution!
• This OXP makes various uses of various other OXPs, when they are installed. Most of those OXPs are listed below. The ones marked '*' are especially recommended for use with Interstellar Tweaks.
- Breakable WitchDrive;
- Electronic Thumb;*
- Enhanced MisJump (which changes the 'tunnel' effect when one misjumps);*
- Escape Pod Locator;*
- Extra Thargoids (use version >= 2.01);*
- Fer-de-Lance 3G (use version >= 4.01);*
- Fuel Collector (but you will need to PATCH this - see below);
- Galactic Navy;*
- Generation Ships (note: the present OXP will - for one thing - make generation ships rarer);
- Griff's shipset OXPs (for, especially, nice looking thargoids!);
- Interstellar Help;
- Military Fiasco;*
- Misjump Analyzer;
- mPakRedux (a.k.a. 'Rusties');*
- Spectre (but via a PATCH - see below);
- TCAT (= 'To Catch a Thargoid');
- Thargoid Carrier (this will considerably increase the thargoid threat - though it can be offset somewhat via the Fer-de-Lance 3G OXP);
- Thargorn_Threat (preferably version 1.5.2 or above);*
- Wormwhole Restoration.
This OXP was somewhat inspired by the 'Enhanced MisJump' OXP by 'cim'.
This OXP makes use of some code from Thargoid's 'TCAT' OXP (but does not require that OXP - and, indeed, sometimes overrides it). The same goes for some code in the Thargorn Threat OXP by Arexack Heretic and Eric Walch.
I have adapted materials from an OXP that was produced by Draco_Caeles and Another Commander.
My thanks to all those people just mentioned. Thanks also to Capt. Murphy, Commander McLane, Gimi, Solonar, Switeck, and to the authors of all the OXPs that mine makes use of.
For further details, see the readme file itself, within the OXP download. Once you've moved the OXP into your AddOns folder, please remember - the first time that you run Oolite after doing that - to hold down SHIFT when starting Oolite.
Download here: http://www.box.com/files/0/f/71484311#/ ... 1237416001
Or, if that doesn't work, here: http://www.box.com/shared/moreq536ht
PS: Perhaps I should add the following. Unless you force 'misjumps' - by climbing as sharply as you can just before the witchspace countdown ends - then, in most circumstances, this OXP will not much change your game.
PPS: Things might go wrong with this OXP. For (1) it is rather overambitious and (2) just how its internal timings work might depend on the computer setup you run it on. Still, I've been testing it and fiddling with it for weeks, and (i) it seems to work at the moment, and (ii) I feel I've got to get it out into the world.